Crossed Blades

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A realm for serious roleplayers from every corner of the globe.

+5
Blooberri
SpookyKitten
Dorcha Te
Maria Talia Reaver
Drake Reaver
9 posters

Woods Outside Sacriana

Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Woods Outside Sacriana Empty Woods Outside Sacriana

Post  Drake Reaver Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:12 pm

Dense Woodlands just outside Sacriana

REQUIREMENTS:
    Level 2

MONSTERS:
    Gobon/Level 1
    Roaming Wolf/Level 2
    Grizzo Bear/Level 3
    (Rare) Rotting Treant/Level 5

BOSS MONSTER:
    Gobon Adult/Level 7
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Active User
    Active User

Woods Outside Sacriana Empty Re: Woods Outside Sacriana

Post  Maria Talia Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Maria had everything packed and was headed around outside the woods. Her book was in her sling around her waist and shoulder, her axe still on her leg, and her staff, she used to keep herself steady when walking. She thought a moment and decided it was safe even if Drake wasn't there with her. His hope was to help her toughen herself up, and it was an attempt that was going to take a bit from both of them. She tromped through the field and entered the forest in a less dense area. Again, her hopes were to find an easy creature, at least to begin with. Standing still, scouting with her eyes, though she didn't see far due to her short stature, she scanned around the forest only to find two small wolves, tearing at the meaty flesh of their freshly killed deer. Maria gasped; they heard her. Though they were vicious, they were still on the scrawny side. She was ready within minutes, seeing them bear their teeth. A hostile look washed over her face as she opened the book and tried to cast an banishing spell. It was easy, and she had done it plenty of times on the townspeople's items. First banishment was a success, the wolves had been hit, but were nowhere near finished. She still needed a breather in between spells sadly, so she tried holding them off. The marvelous thing about her staff, it was a last resort weapon to her so far. With a heavy white crystal ball encased in a birdcage of the wood at the top, it was strong enough, when used properly, to bash almost anything's head open. She shut the book quickly and shoved it in her sling, and grabbing the staff with both hands, she waved it between her and the wolves, gaining time to cast another spell. The monsters kept their guard up, growling and gnashing at her. For once, she wasn't afraid. She was ready to attack now, and regained her casting stance. She cast another banishment. Unfortunately, it only hit the first wolf, though it injured it pretty badly. Maria was tired of having two opponents, so, she grabbed the axe once more and, watching the second wolf, got close up to the injured, rather quick and slung the axe to cut the scrawny thing's head off. And that she did. The head fell forward as the body rolled to the side before disintegrating into the white ball and entering her soul. "Still weird..." she mumbled, before turning her full attention back to the second and now only wolf. Replacing the axe, she called to the wolf, "Looks like I just have to finish you..." It snarled at her. She knew the blessing spell by heart and held out her hand as always and chanted, letting the holy light fly from her fingertips. It hit the wolf dead on in the face, blinding it, but causing almost no damage. In it's state, she could easily go up and give it the same fate as it's companion, and she chose just that. Grabbing the axe once more from it's holder, she ran at it, catching the perfect spot in her sight and slamming it down. Clean slice! Straight through! Just as before, the wolf's head fell and his body did too, and then formed with her body.
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Maria Talia Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:20 pm

Maria continued roaming the woods, keeping an eye out for wild monsters. But of course, the place was teeming with them, so it was hard NOT to see them. Hearing little grunts and grumbles comes from behind her, she whipped around, only to see a small pack of Gobons, consisting in total of three. She sighed, a little tired of seeing these things. 'When will all of these things die?' she wondered before getting into her stance once more. She had watched Drake fight these plenty of times before they were married and after fighting them herself yesterday, she saw how simple and stupid they were. With a small laugh after seeing two run into each other, she shook her head and figured a banishment could knock out at least one fully. Magic book in hand, she cast it, centering on the middle Gobon, seeing as he look like the lead of the three. As if by sheer luck, there was a tree directly behind that center Gobon, so as she cast the spell, it sent the little bugger flying into the tree, and knocking him so hard against the wood, causing a blunt trauma to the head and doing much more than injuring him. She took no time in checking on that one. If there was a problem, she'd handle it after the other two were done. Though now she knew it was dead seeing the white light come at her and fuse once more. The others had only been hit lightly by the banishment, so they were still pretty healthy. 'Blessing works on them...' she said to herself and waited a few seconds to cast again. She held out both hands this time and chanted. Both hands let the light fly out and hit each one separately. "Time to die..." she growled quietly at them before using her axe swiftly to cut them both in half lengthwise. Their bodies formed into the white balls once more and formed into her. "Well... that's done... this is a bit tougher than I had hoped. Suppose it's just the multitudes," she shrugged.
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:31 pm

A sound is heard beind her and suddenly something grips her in a headlock... but it's actually playful, and Drake's voice whispers: "Killed ya." before he pulls away and walks to her front. "Did I scare you?"
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Maria Talia Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Maria gasped at feeling the arms around her neck. "Heavens yes you scared me," she sighed after seeing who it was. "That wasn't funny you know... I've been out here alone and I'm a bit jumpy," she explained. Shaking her head, Maria went up to him and smirked kissing him softly. "Didn't think I'd get caught off guard that easy though..." she blushed feeling incredibly stupid in front of her love.
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:37 pm

He smiles and nods before a bear comes up behind him. not turning around, he pinches the bridge of his nose. "Maria, can you blast this smelly thing before I lose my temper on it?"
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Maria Talia Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:43 pm

"Ah... o-okay!" she said hurriedly looking through her book for a spell she had tried a while back, but had nowhere near mastered it. There it was! "Divinity... this should take care of him," she said. After a few chants, louder than the ones for her blessing, her palm glowed. She forced it up to the bear abdomen and let the holy blast go though him. A nice hole was now visible though him. Out of current instinct, she took the axe and cut into the bear's neck deeply to kill him.
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Drake smiles and nods. "fantastic!" he muses happily.

((Level up! Very Happy))
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Maria Talia Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:50 pm

The bear's light ball hit her body and fused into her. "What now dear?" she asked.
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:55 pm

"Well, we could continue to train here..." he offers. "OR go back home. It's completely up to you." he says, leaning against a tree... until it growls. Drake closes his eyes. "I'm leaning on a Treant aren't I?"
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Maria Talia Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:01 pm

Maria looked at him and nodded. She smiled saying, "Yes... and an angry looking one at that..."
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Drake draws both swords, sheathing them... in the tree. Then, he twists around, the swords ripping a huge line in the middle section of the treelike monster before slicing upwards, scrambling the innards of the monster effectively before Drake kicks off hard enough to cave in the Rotting Treant's stomach area, effectively killing in.
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Maria Talia Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:42 pm

Watching his display, Maria smiled. She applauded him in a joking manner after he finished and said, "Now see, that's why I feel safe sleeping in your house each night..."
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:53 pm

"What, that?" he smirks. "Twas nothing, love." he says jokingly.
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Maria Talia Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:57 pm

"Darling... I couldn't have handled something like that on my own..." she smiled. "Now have you had anything besides breakfast today?"
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:14 pm

"Sadly, I have not." he admits, shrugging. "What shall we do, then?" he asks her with a beaming smile.
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Maria Talia Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:18 pm

"Then we'll go to town and pick up some supplies, and I'll make you a nice meal. How's that sound?" she suggested.
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:27 pm

Drake smiles pleasantly. "Of course. That sounds like a fantastic idea... shall we go?" he asks, tilting his head.
    Dorcha Te
    Dorcha Te
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Dorcha Te Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:31 pm

Leaning on the dead treant smirking at a thought.
    " No, stay. Please continue to grace us with your mighty 'power'."
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:52 pm

Drake glances at Dorcha. "Your sarcasm is biting. Please, stop." he says with mock despair. "Fancy meeting you here, though."
    Dorcha Te
    Dorcha Te
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Dorcha Te Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:57 pm

"Eh? Im just a strong as your preistess, if not better. Why wouldnt I be here."
    Hoppin over the dead treant to come standing in front of Drake.
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Maria Talia Reaver
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Maria Talia Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:58 pm

Maria stood and smiled to both of them. She was getting situated in case of them wanting to do more than talk.
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:04 pm

Drake shrugs. "I know, but the woods are not so small as to just meet you here so quickly." he says, smirking. "Not stalking me, now are you?"
    Dorcha Te
    Dorcha Te
    Active User
    Active User

Post  Dorcha Te Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:11 pm

Looks up in amusement. Staring at Drake out of the corner of his eye, trying to look indifferent.
    " I just need to know, how?...How are you so powerful? I need that power, this human form isn't capable of anything I want."
    Drake Reaver
    Drake Reaver
    Admin

Post  Drake Reaver Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:15 pm

Drake closes his eyes. "Oh, I drink this special juice every day. Beefs me up." he jokes. "Really... I just trained my ass off under the most powerful man I've ever known."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content